Have you seen Talkeetna in the summer? Whether from the air, from the river, on a hiking trail, from the train, or even from a car window, the lush beauty here and almost everywhere you visit in Alaska is unparalleled. We hope that you care as much as we do about keeping Talkeetna green. Explore all the ways Talkeetna works hard to preserve and protect this special place and how you can help.
- Talkeetna Townsite – Bear proof garbage and recycling receptacles for small amounts of personal disposables are located around the Talkeetna townsite. As you enjoy walking around the town, please remember to separate and recycle CLEAN, EMPTY drink bottles (#1) and aluminum drink cans!
- Talkeetna Recycles at the Talkeetna Transfer Station
Protect! Waters, Land and Animals
- Talkeetna’s Waterways
- Treading Lightly on Land
- Be Bear Aware
- Where to Take Garbage & Recycling
- Earth Day Celebration & Town Clean Up Day
Drive a Little Less!
- Walk or hike
- Bike, Ski or Snowshoe
- Train- Alaska Railroad
- Bus & Shuttle Services
- Talkeetna Area Public Transportation- Sunshine Transit