As Alaskans, we know that we are resilient and resourceful and that we can rely on one another when challenges arise. The Talkeetna Chamber of Commerce wants to assure our community and our visitors that Talkeetna is a healthy and safe destination. We want to keep the local economy strong and operate responsibly for everyone’s health. Success will come from both businesses and visitors doing their part to stop the spread of Covid-19.
Look for the Talkeetna Together sticker at businesses that are actively supporting this agreement by following enhanced safety protocols during the pandemic.
Local Businesses will:
- Keep Clean – Use sanitation best practices from the CDC and specialized guidance from industry leaders like Alaska Tourism Industry Association.
- Wear Face Coverings – Wear face coverings and ask guests to wear them, too.
- Practice Physical Distancing – Ensure enough space so everyone can stay 6 feet apart at minimum.
- Follow Expert Advice – Implement CDC guidance, observe state health advisories and mandates, and make guests aware of what they can do to help.
We ask visitors:
- Respect the health and safety measures that each business is using.
- Postpone their visit to Talkeetna if they have been exposed to Covid-19 recently or have any symptoms.
- Practice frequent hand washing and sanitation, maintain physical distance from anyone outside their traveling party, and wear face coverings.
- Comply with state health advisories and mandates for travel, including testing and quarantining.
With everyone’s cooperation, Talkeetna will remain safe for visitors and have a robust economy and healthy community.
We will get through this together